Search This Blog

Monday 14 March 2011

My friends keep on asking me to send me the link to our blog... I am feeling reluctant. It seems very strange that I feel more comfortable about complete strangers reading what I have posted as opposed to my closest friends who know all these details already. Jenny, Jess and I keep on insisting that we need to make it 'more interesting' before we let our friends see it. But isn't this defeating the point of having a blog in the first place? The blog should be for ourselves... a therapeutic way of expressing our thoughts. Not a series of postings for our friend's enjoyment.
Our initial question when we started this project was to find out why people blogged. I would imagine every blogger has different motives. Some blog purely for their own satisfaction. A form of chronicle, posting entries with their own future reception in mind. Others, the 'celebrity blogger', appear to blog solely for their followers pleasure.
I am finding it easier to post my thoughts the more I do it. It's beginning to feel less alien and more cathartic. I can see myself carrying on a blog after the project has finished. Possibly an anonymous one. Possibly not. I think what appeals to me the most is the idea that I can look back in a few years time and see what I was doing on that exact day however many years before.
Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment